Managing a Property Damage Claim in Nevada
If you were in an injury accident like a car accident and you file a personal injury claim for compensation, you may be unfamiliar with how the process works. Filing a claim does not always mean fast and immediate compensation for losses. A victim must have a strong case to make against another party that shows the following:
- The other party caused the accident due to their own negligent actions.
- The accident harmed the victim.
- The victim’s harm resulted in damages and losses.
- The damages and losses happened because of the negligence of the other party.
Even in situations where there is ample evidence showing that a victim secured losses by the negligence of the party that they filed an injury suit against, it can still take many months before a financial settlement comes about. By contrast, when a damaged property claim is made, these typically will yield financial compensation much faster than injury claims will.
For help with an injury or damage claim in Nevada, the Las Vegas car accident attorney at the Aaron Law Group can provide legal assistance.
How to Handle a Property Damage Claim
There are several steps that must be taken when filing a damage claim. Some of these include:
- You should let your insurance company know that you were in an automobile accident.
- Before your car is taken away by a towing company, you should go back in, if possible, and remove anything personal that was left behind.
- Connect with the insurance company of the other driver that hit you. Make sure to take down the agent’s name and also record the claim number.
- A repair shop can evaluate the extent of the damages and calculate what it would cost to make repairs or if it is irreparable and totaled.
- When a rental car is necessary, the insurance company can provide one to you.
Having an attorney on your side when you reach out to insurance companies to handle communications on your behalf can better protect your interests. Car accidents can be stressful and overwhelming. This includes not just figuring out how to handle the aftermath of one of these incidents, but also figuring out how to effectively interact with an insurance adjuster while protecting yourself. At the Aaron Law Group, you can rest assured the insurance company will be taken care of so that you can focus on overcoming your accident experience and moving on with your life.
Speak with a Nevada Personal Injury Attorney Today
Car accidents in Nevada are never easy to manage no matter how minimal the damages. But when the damages are substantial, they can be even more complicated to work through. Having an attorney help you through each step of the process can minimize the stress you have to endure and also help you understand what is happening from start to finish. To meet with an experienced Las Vegas personal injury attorney at the Aaron Law Group during a free consultation, please call (702) 550-1111. Remember, there is only a limited time to file a claim for compensation.